Is 2017 the year podcasting takes off
Listen to the audio:http://TrinityDigitalMedia.com/thfc On today’s Tech Help for Churches, is 2017 the year podcasting takes off
Every year since 2005, I’ve heard the same thing, “20xx is the year that podcasting takes off.” Well, we’re at the beginning of a new year, so “Is 2017, the year podcasting takes off?”
Here are some reasons why it might not:
- smartphones are mainstream
- big media is already using podcasting
- Apple and Google are both behind podcasting
- there are more media choices than ever before
- you can go through life with an Internet connection most of the time so you don’t need to download media ahead of time
Here are some reasons why there is still growth to be had:
- self-driving cars are coming
- some content that could benefit from podcasting isn’t yet podcast
- Facebook isn’t making it easy for podcasters yet
- people are still confused about the process
- mobile internet is still where cell phone calling was a few years ago. You still often have to be careful in order to avoid a big bill and not everywhere is covered reliably.
So, what have I missed? Leave your suggestions below.
Join the conversation; leave a comment below the video, or hit me up on Twitter (@PaulAlanClif)
About this show:
If you use the internet, social media, or new media to advance your church’s mission, this show is for you.
If you’d like to chip in a few bucks, anything you do is appreciated. Just click this link to donate.