Here are this week’s questions:
DHoP on Twitter
Hi Paul, I do have a question you may be able to help me with. We are about to start training sessions at our church and will need to buy a sound board. Do you have a recommendation for a solid sound board that is simple but effective? Im not very technical with sound equipment.
(He needs 8).
DS via email (and youtube)
I just have one simple question. Could I dot lyrics with no background on Final Cut Pro x?
That’s so nice of you to reply to me personally. Let’s see if you can help me with suggestions. I have a release concert October 5th and the artist wants me to have a different approach to the way lyrics are presented rather than being traditional. What route should I take. I want to go above and beyond but I’m so limited. I have a Mac mini and Mac book pro and a Roland mixer edirol v4. I don’t know what all I can do with the mixer I was even thinking of doing live video feed coming from mixer into laptop or mini but I’m just so lost. From an expert like yourself what do you recommend I do. And thank you for your advice. Do I add the lyrics as the main story line in FCPX?
SC via CTL
Projector no longer likes long distance HDMI
Had a bad experience with with Panasonic’s technical support team. We’re at a disagreement over whose components are causing the problem. Here’s what we’re facing:
1) Projector is hooked up to 100’ HDMI cable with an internal signal amp. The signal works great for about 8 months and then stops working.
2) Try a short HDMI cable and the signal works great.
3) Try another 100’ HDMI cable…still no signal.
4) Try HDMI over CAT6 and still no signal.
5) Try the same 100’ cable with a TV…the signal works great.
6) Try the same 100’ cable with a different projector…the signal works great.
7) Try the same 100’ cable in the original projector and still no signal.
Have any of you had a problem like this before?
Links mentioned (affiliate links for products):
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
The School of Podcasting
FirePype online video transcoding and compositing
Behringer XENYX X2442USB Premium 24-Input 4/2-Bus Mixer with XENYX Mic Preamps & Compressors
Seismic Audio LandSlide-8P 8-Channel DSP Professional Powered Mixer
Recorded live on http://ChurchTechCast.com every Friday at 2p eastern.