On today’s Tech Help for Churches, 7 things to consider before using a proprietary webhost
Whether it’s webs, weebly, E-zekiel, clover, or even SquareSpace, you need to consider some things that might sway your decision if you’re considering a proprietary webhost (one that uses their own Content Management System instead of one that can be installed on any server).
1. Content and design should be separate.
2. Export should be easy.
3. Design should be “lockable.”
4. There shouldn’t be page limits.
5. It should have a responsive design.
6. If it costs more, it should give you more. SquareSpace, for example, is created so that it’s hard to bring down with a lot of traffic.
7. Compare business-targeted to church-targeted solutions and see if you need the specialized church-targeted features.
This show is recorded live every Monday at 11a edt, 8a pdt, 3p utc on http://churchtechcast.com. Watch it live and join the chat then.
If you’d like to chip in a few bucks, anything you do is appreciated. Just click this link to donate.